Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Yarn Along ~ Cowl Licious

A post of my current read and what is cast on my needles ~ Inspired by Ginny over at {Small Things}

Yarn Along

Here we are again for the weekly yarn along and I'm not sure what happened to my week! I know we weren't overly busy unless you count playing in the snow and flying kites as hustle bustle *grin*. Hubby was home for a couple of days though and that is always a joy since he is away for so much of the year working so that must have been it! I was in a cocoon of happiness with us all getting to be together *grin*.

I finished off the last little baby sock that I was knitting and I now have two completed pairs. There is still yarn left so I know I'll go back in a bit and knit up a couple more but I needed a break from those teeny tiny size 0 needles and something that was easy and needed minimal focus LOL.

Cowl

You would think that with all the things I have faved in my ravelry queue it would be easy to pick something new but it was quite the opposite. I hummed and hawed, checked to see if I had needles that would work, sighed over my meager yarn stash and then fell in love again with this cowl. I had saved it planning to make it for my 8 year old daughter and then promptly forgot all about it *grin*.

It’s a one size fits all pattern but I’m using a larger 5.50mm bamboo circular needle and with the chunkier yarn I’m confident that this will fit her quite well. Plus I don’t plan on blocking it as I love the textured ripple of it as it is and it also helps to keep it on the smaller size :)

The chunky marble yarn by James C. Brett is gorgeous to the touch. It’s soft and squishy, 100% machine washable and I know my daughter is going to enjoy having it around her neck. Not at all itchy!

As for my book this week I actually haven't done a stitch of reading unless you count my lazy perusing of January's edition of the British Country Living magazine reading :) I just LOVE this magazine and all of the beautiful photos and articles.

I'm looking forward to seeing what you all are knitting this week!

Hugs,
Rosina

9 comments:

Cheryl said...

Gorgeous colour and rippled effect. Makes me want to knit one now. Its starting to warm up here gradually and the children have abandoned their hats and scraves. Maybe next winter.

Anonymous said...

Hello Rosina! I'm just getting 'round to some blog reading this morning after a long absence. Facebooking is my thing these days and I'm neglecting my blog as well. Been thinking about you and hope all is well. :) ~Cori

Ellen said...

Look at how rich and luscious those colors are for that yarn- like royalty.

*kate said...

I love the yarn! Beautiful color and it looks so snuggly :) Gorgeous!

Blogger said...

YoBit lets you to claim FREE CRYPTO-COINS from over 100 different crypto-currencies, you complete a captcha one time and claim as many as coins you want from the available offers.

After you make about 20-30 claims, you complete the captcha and resume claiming.

You can press CLAIM as much as 50 times per one captcha.

The coins will stored in your account, and you can convert them to Bitcoins or any other currency you want.

Zach said...

You made some good points. Great blog you made here. Keep it up dude

Jamir said...

I want you to thank for your time of this wonderful read! Excellent job!!

Peyton said...

Wow, amazing blog format! The total look of your site is wonderful

Omari said...

Thank you for this wonderful blog. Good job! Definitely a good blog,