Friday, October 28, 2011

Pumpkin Hunting

I think I can, I think I can...

Every fall we all load up into the car and make the trip to Shamrock Farm so that the children can run through clusters of pumpkins still out in the field until they find the perfect one. Usually it's bigger than I would like but I can never say no *grin*.

This year the little guy wanted to be fully in charge of the wagon so he huffed and puffed but kept tugging on that wagon full of pumpkins as it weaved and bobbed behind him over the uneven hills of dirt in the pumpkin patch. He was beaming from ear to ear as he made each stop to load in another orange treasure :)

Pumpkin Ride

By the time he made the last stop he was more than ready to squeeze in anywhere he could fit and let big brother take a turn pulling the wagon and him back to the barn.

Shamrock Farm

Not only do they have the best pumpkin patch but inside their barn it is always decorated for the kids to. There are pumpkins from floor to ceiling, some real, some decorative, flying witches, hairy spiders and the above nook with creepy creaking noises, chairs that rock on their own, cauldrons that smoke and more *grin*. Talk about fun!

Hay Maze

Before we left the children took turns running through a little hay maze they had outside with tunnels and little nooks to crawl through...

Cock-a-doodle-doo

and of course we had to check out the chickens to :)

Boo!

We always have a family party on Halloween since it is Hubby's birthday also so I've been busy planning a ghoulish feast *grin*. This year's menu will include brains and intestines and possibly some pumpkin vomit! Want to come? I promise it will all taste good LOL.

Hugs,
Rosina

5 comments:

Unknown said...

It looks like they had a great time! I would like a dish of pumpkin vomit please. YUM! Happy Birthday Hubby

charlotte said...

looks like a fab time!

rental mobil jakarta said...

Very nice, thanks for sharing.

Cheryl said...

Oh I wish we had fields of pumpkins near us. That looks so much fun, I know my children would love pulling the cart. I may have to drop hints to our local farmers!

nunu said...

save me some pumpkin vomit please!!! : ) hhehehe...