Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Handbound Love

handbound journal

I love journals especially ones that use traditional stitching like these lovelies that I have acquired over the last couple of years. No they're not all mine *grin*. The center one is my special treasure and the other two were gifts for my parents :)

I want to share with you an amazing seller on Etsy that was super sweet, accommodating of my requests, and is Canadian! Oh how I love to find Canadian sellers :)

handbound journal

I have been secretly drooling over La Paperie's beautiful journals for a little over a year now. I could never quite decide on which one I wanted as I really wanted them all *grin*.

My mother had recently mentioned that she wanted a journal for putting pictures of her flowers in and a place to jot down garden notes so that she could look back each season to see what she had done the previous years. I just knew she had to pick one from Beverly so I had her come over to choose the one that she liked.

She picked the above cherry red sketchbook with a lovely little silver button and the package arrived yesterday. It was wrapped in tissue, tied with a simple jute bow and it was so much fun to watch my mom open it up, feel the paper and breathe in that wonderful smell of real leather.

I hadn't yet told her that it was going to be a special gift from me to her :)

handbound journal

Of course since I was getting one for mom I just had to get one for myself and finally make a decision as to which one I was going to pick *grin*.

I love to browse through the past sales in all of my favorite Etsy shops to see what sort of items had previously been available in their shops. Don't be to shy to ask a seller if they could make one of their sold items as they are almost always able to recreate one that is similar if not the same!

As I looked I found this beautiful little mahogany journal with it's feminine ribbon tie and pretty little flower button... I just knew that it was to be mine :)

handbound journal

One of the special little touches that Beverly has available is the option to customize the front page of your journal with a personal message of your own or one of the well know quotes of the past. I chose to go with a favorite of mine by Helen Keller

"The most beautiful things in the world
cannot be seen or even touched.
They must be felt with the heart."

I can't wait to put pen to paper and fill it with my thoughts.

~ Rosina

3 comments:

Unknown said...

here we are drooling. My hubby is a lover of books (old) books as well as journals. i just showed him your post and her Etsy shop... I see a future journal coming home.. maybe for his B-day in the Fall.. Thanks for sharing your beautiful treasure and gifts..Love it! Mica

Anonymous said...

Oh I too love journals. I have many and some I find too pretty to write in. That's silly, really and so I've started to use them more - instead of just collect them. I'll be checking out the shop momentarily. :)

Rosina {Rosy ~ Posy} said...

Debbie, I know what you mean about not wanting to use them :) I've got some note cards that I just love and can't get myself to use them *grin*. Have fun looking at her great journals :)