Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween

Halloween Party

Today was party day around here as we celebrated Hubby's birthday and had our Halloween party full of ghoulish foods :) There was monster mouths, rotten cheese logs and pumpkin vomit (homemade guacamole flowing out of my mini pumpkins mouth).

Zombie Intestines

The Zombie intestines which were a huge hit! I love how these turned out and they are just puff pastry filled with sausage meat, a little pizza sauce and then some fake blood to really make them fun :) I found the recipe here.

Brains....

And my grand finale of brains *grin*.
These were so easy to make with icing, cake and raspberry jam. I found the recipe here and the great labels for the top to with little sayings like 'Brains... they do a body good' and 'Brains... never hurts to have extra'. So fun!

Halloween Candy Apples

Every year I treat the kids to special Halloween candy apples and we go to the Rocky Mountain Chocolate factory in the city where they have a giant display case full of candy apples with funny faces :)

Halloween Candy Apples

They have giant granny smith apples in the centers and are so good. All that apple must counteract the sugar, right? LOL

Hungry Pumpkin

After dinner we headed outside to let off some fireworks...

Happy Birthday

and then have cake to celebrate Hubby's birthday.
I hope you all had a great Halloween to and celebrated it your special way :)

Hugs,
Rosina

13 comments:

elisa said...

you're amazing! is that the pumpkin giant? x

Rosina {Rosy ~ Posy} said...

Thanks Elisa :) Haha, I had completely forgotten about the story of the pumpkin giant! He would definitely make a good giant :)

Amy Friend said...

Ok, those intestines are gross!!! I bet it was a great birthday.

charlotte said...

wow, what an amazing party!!

nunu said...

you are amaaaazing! this is so cool.

Mal said...

Everything looks great!

http://chicgeekery.blogspot.com/

verdemama said...

Those brains are truly gross :) And those candy apples look divine.

Hopewell Creek Designs said...

You've done it again!! So many great and fun ideas. I love stopping by=)

Cheryl said...

Oh my! You guys know how to throw a gruesome party. Such fun ideas!

Bending Birches said...

oh my gosh...look at all these things to make me totally give in to my sweet tooth! :)

Wasabi Honey Bee said...

How fun . . . all the food looks wonderful!!

house full of jays said...

Wow, this is awesome! You went all out. Sounds like a great party!

Unknown said...

LOVE your candy apple ideas...what a fabulous spooky treat!