Saturday, May 14, 2011

Let The Construction Begin

Greenhouse Plans

It's really coming true!
The building of my greenhouse has officially begun and I feel like I need to pinch myself just to make sure I'm not dreaming it all up *grin*. Hubby finished drawing up the final plans with all of the measurements and how he plans to frame in the windows and today he started to lay the brick down.

Greenhouse Foundation

We wanted to keep the wooden frame of the greenhouse from sitting in standing water that collects during the rainy months on our concrete porch so hubby cemented down heavy cinder blocks all around the perimeter and the walls will then be built on top of them. To make sure that everything will be rock solid he also sank anchor bolts into the wet cement so that the walls can be bolted down tight to the concrete.

He ran out of sand though so tomorrow he'll have to grab some more and finish cementing down the last couple of bricks and then he can start framing up the walls. So exciting! Now I just hope the rain holds off. It sprinkled a little today but if it pours down like the forecast is calling for the cementing will have to wait for a drier day. I'm going to keep my fingers crossed *grin*.

Hugs,
Rosina

3 comments:

eidolons said...

Oooooh! That *is* exciting! I can't wait to see it - and then be terribly jealous of it! (:

Jennifer Hoots said...

I know how much this means to you! :-) Hooray!

house full of jays said...

Oh wow! I am excited for you! It will be fantastic. Looking forward to watching the progress!