Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Yarn Along

A post of my current read and what is cast on my needles ~ Inspired by Ginny over at {Small Things}

Bright Beret

I finished my little pixie hat that I was making last week and thought that I would challenge myself and try a new pattern using circular needles :)

I've had a copy of the cutest little book called Baby Beanies by Amanda Keeys but all of the hats are knit on the round or with 4 needles so I was a little intimidated but I thought that I'd give it a go and try this little beret. I just love the little lace pattern it has :) I'm using a soft merino wool and so far the pink ribbed portion has worked out well but I'm having a bit of trouble joining my green. The first time I didn't join it properly and it didn't knit in the round and the second time when I wrapped the two colors together like it said to in the book it messed up the dashes of green wool showing through the pink for the first purl row so I'm going to have to check out youtube for a little tutorial and see what I'm doing wrong!


What I'm reading this week... the November copy of the British Country Living magazine. Love, love, love this magazine!!! This issue was very fitting for my yarn along post as it a great article on Britain's wool production over the years and another article of thoughts on growing up constantly surrounded by sheep, a wool directory and even an article on one woman's small business of turning fleece to yarn :)

Can't wait to see what everyone else has been up to this week!
Hugs,
Rosina

14 comments:

Seriously? said...

I was just over at knitpicks.com looking around and noticed they have tutorials on joining yarn. Love the color combo for the hat!

Jennifer Hoots said...

I love Country Living, too, but usually go read it at the library. It would make a lovely Christmas gift to myself, don't you agree? Your efforts look promising. :-)
Jenn

Unknown said...

My favorite colors, Rosina .. it will be gorgeous!

Have a beautiful & blessed Thanksgiving ~
TTFN ~ Hugs, Marydon

Fruitful Harvest said...

Very Cute!
I am new to knitting (still working on my scarf).
My next project will be a hat!

Joy said...

Love the bright colors. That will be an adorable beanie. :)

erin said...

I just knit a beret from this book last week!! I love it! Great knitting!

Elisa said...

Looks great so far! It's my first time knitting with circular needles and 3 yarn balls! But I'm learning and it is so much fun. What a cute hat this is going to be.
PS: I should get a subscription to that mag. I used to get Cottage Living, but I think it's out of print, plus I was starting to feel like I live in a shabby house compared to the houses in the magazine. I should do what Jenn does and go read it at the library. Great idea =)

Natural Mama said...

Love the green and pink, so pretty.

Sweetness and Light said...

Such gorgeous pink and green together, it'll be so pretty!

Conny said...

Your beanie is inspiring! Love the two colors ~ something that's waaaay off in my future I'm afraid. 'cant' wait to see it. Cheers~

The Little List said...

What a beautiful little beanie. So nice meeting you!

Dakota Gal said...

I love the Baby Beanies book! I made the frilly-brimmed hat for my daughter -- but I made a few mistakes, and it's a little too big, so I've been meaning to try it again. So many cute hats in that book!

Rosina {Rosy ~ Posy} said...

Hi Seriously :)
Thank you so much for the link to the knitpicks website. I checked out the tutorials and I'm going to try doing a felted join and see if that will help make the transition more smoothly :)

Jenn & Elisa :)
I would definitely ask for a subscription the the mag for christmas *grin*. It's the gift that gives all year long! LOL.

Thank you everyone for all of the wonderfully kind comments :) I'm going to make it to each and every one of your blogs to so that I can see all of your lovely projects! Hugs :)

Ginny said...

thank goodness for youtube tutorials! can't wait to see your finished hat :)