Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Yarn Along

A post of my current read and what is cast on my needles ~ Inspired by Ginny over at {Small Things}

knit purl

I stumbled across Ginny's blog and her lovely 'yarn along' meme and it was the perfect inspiration to finally cast on some stitches and stretch my rusty knitting skills :)

I found this gorgeous chunky merino wool at the little yarn shop in the city and I thought the colors would be just perfect for a fall pixie hat for my little guy. So far I've only finished two rows of an alternating knit purl pattern that will make the ribbing of the hat but this is the first time my knitting has gone so smoothly in I don't know how many attempts. Maybe it's my new wooden knitting needles or maybe I've just learned to relax more while doing it *grin*.

The second part of the meme is to share what I'm currently reading and lately I am enamored with poetry. I've got an open copy of Moon Crossing Bridge which is full of beautifully haunting and heartfelt poetry by Tess Gallagher. If you get a chance check out some of the other yarn along participants. There are so many lovely blogs to peruse :)

Hugs,
Rosina

10 comments:

Elisa said...

Oh, I just LOVE that yarn. Love all those strong colors in it. Can't wait to see it next week!

Nadja said...

That yarn is delicious!

Molly Melnick said...

I love that yarn too. I have been so inspired by Ginny and her readers..looks like you have been too!
Lisa

Kathryn said...

I've also been inspired by Ginny and her readers, I've loved finding all these great blogs!

Your yarn is just beautiful, I bet the pixie hat is adorable!

Anke said...

Your yarn is gorgeous!!! Can't wait to see what it'll look like next week.

Ginny said...

Can't wait to see your finished hat! Such beautiful color.

Anonymous said...

I lost my comment I think... I am going to look into the yarn along as I am knitting each time I sit in the living room. I bought a bunch of yarn to make stuffed toys but looking at your yarn makes me wonder if I should shop the specialty yarn shops instead. *grin*

Sweetness and Light said...

The yarn is just gorgeous, so happy you joined in, I haven't been to your blog in a while and am happy to visit again :) Thanks for the poetry link, beautiful poetry.

nunu said...

yummy yarn colors! now it's time to peruse your lovely blog some!

Penelope said...

I agree with the others--that yarn is stunning!