Sunday, October 24, 2010

Happy Sunday

Photo Book Site

Hello everyone :)
I hope you are all having a fantastic weekend! Hubby took the kids and I on a day trip down island yesterday and we had a chance to hit Costco. Hooray for the big city *grin*. I picked up some great deals on kids clothing and groceries and I've finally got a new snow suit for each of the children. I've been buying a little at a time for quite a few months now so that I wouldn't be bombarded with a giant bill for winter wear when the snow starts :)

I wanted to share with you a neat freebie that I learned about today! Picaboo is a website that lets you create your own photo books to have printed and I have been dying to try making one since most of my photos these days just end up on my computer hard drive. I seriously love the digital age but for some reason it has got in the way of actually getting printed photos into my hands :(

So when I learned they were letting new members create a 20 page photo book for FREE I was all over it! When you go to their website you have to download a program called BookGenie and it compiles all of your photos categorically by date which is fantastic. 8000 photos later I have just got it up and running and there are a couple of choices that you have when creating your book. You can either have the BookGenie compile a book for you by date, season, holiday etc. or you can opt to make your own which was what I'm doing. I have a lot of blog photos on my hard drive which are of craft projects and my children with no faces *grin* so when the BookGenie compiled a book for me it had a lot of those photos which really don't work so well for a family photo book. But when you choose to create your own it lets you go through your photo files and pick and choose the photos you like and then it loads it like in the photo I shared above with the book layout and all of your photos at the bottom so that you can just drop and drag them into the pages.

So far I am loving how easy this is! There are tons of page layouts, you can layer photos on top of photos, flip them if they aren't oriented the right way, zoom, twist them off kilter, add captions and so on. I've been having a blast adding captions and little poems to each page. It's like scrapbooking without all of the supplies!!

You have until midnight tomorrow night to create an 8.5 x 11 book with 20 pages of photos for free. I know it's not much time but if I had known earlier I definitely would have told you :) So head over to the Picaboo Fall Book Promo and get started. I can't wait to see what it all looks like printed!!!

Hugs,
Rosina

No comments: