Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Update and New Crochet Book

Thank you so much everyone for all of the wonderful comments, thoughts and prayers :) My sisters biopsy went well and now we just have to wait for the results to come back sometime over the next 3 weeks. There was no visible signs of any cancer or pre-cancer which was a blessing in itself but unfortunately that doesn't mean she's in the clear and they're hoping that the biopsy will tell more. So for now it's just a waiting game!

crochet book

On my way home I stopped by the library to pick up a couple of books that were waiting for me and one of them was this really great crochet book, Beyond the Square Crochet Motifs by Edie Eckman. Wowza! She wasn't kidding when she says beyond the square :)

crochet book

There are 144 different patterns to drool over and there is a really great step by step intro on all the crochet basics so you don't have to be an expert by any means to use this book.

crochet book

Oh my... total hexagon love *grin*

crochet book

There is even a section for some really unusual blocks like intertwining rings. Think paper garland chains and you'll know what I mean :)

crochet book

And of course there are the standard granny squares which are pretty amazing to and just the inspiration I need for my granny square blanket that I have half finished.

This is definitely a great crochet book if you're looking for a new twist on some of the standard blocks so check out your local library and see if they have a copy or maybe you need to treat yourself to an early Christmas present *grin*.

~ Rosina

1 comment:

Kristy said...

Glad to hear about your sister doing well. I'll keep her in my prayers.