Sunday, June 20, 2010

Where Have We Been??

camping

We've been camping!! Our very first trip of the season :)
We didn't venture to far from home as it was our maiden voyage after ripping our travel trailer completely apart to replace rotten flooring and walls, but it went fabulously. No mishaps or trouble. Everything seems to be in tip top shape *grin*.

camping

A lovely little campsite surrounded by tall trees and oodles of trails to wander.

camping

One of the paths took us right along the river and it was so nice to enjoy the cool shade of the trails. The weather was absolutely beautiful and truly made you appreciate the reprieve from the heat that the forest provides.

camping

My mini explorer :)

exploring

We spent 3 whole days exploring, playing, wandering and just plain old relaxing.

birdnest stump

I don't know how many little birds nests L found as she wandered around in the bush behind our campsite. This little one was tucked in the hollow on the backside of a rotting stump :)

Our new friend

No eggs in it but perhaps it belonged to our little friend above that seemed to have adopted us as he followed us from stump to stump watching our every move *grin*.

Balancing act

I just love that we are able to spend many hours outdoors year round but in summer we actually get to pick up and move outdoors... unplugged and loving it :) No phones, no tv, no computer or emails to pull you away from more important things like family togetherness. Early nights, good books and deep sleeps. It really can't get any better than that!

paper lanterns

Oh and check out my new paper lantern solar lights I picked up for Hubby :) He loves solar lights and I thought these were so cute *grin*. They even twinkle in the dark so it looks like they actually have candles flickering inside of them. So pretty!

I've got more photos of our Father's Day and outing to the Market but I'll have to share that tomorrow as my pillow is calling me :)

~ Rosina

7 comments:

Annie said...

Happy Father's Day and Happy Solstice. Looks like a wonderful time! Was the camping as quiet as it looks with not as many patrons using the campground? I love that!

genie said...

What a great selection of photos....I tried with ones from taking my grandsons to camp on Sunday, but the mosaic is so small compared to your sized pictures. I know you all had a wonderful time...the scenery is beautiful. Aren’t weekends wonderful?!?!?!!?!? Hugs and thanks for sharing...Genie

Sandpiper said...

How fun! I love the little solar lights. Where did you get them?
Can't wait to go camping either, but we won't be going until August or September when our new little one is a bit older.

Rosina {Rosy ~ Posy} said...

Hi Annie :)
Yes the campsite was very empty and there was no one near us where we set up. It was great!!

Hi Genie :)
Weekends are fabulous and how wonderful that you got to enjoy camp with your grandsons! I bet you have some fabulous pictures :)

Hi Sandpiper :)
The solar lights are from Walmart and they were $15.99. You've got to love homeschooling for the simple reason of being able to camp in September *grin*. We did that a couple of years ago and it was so nice to enjoy the beaches in solitude without the huge crowds of summer tourists :)

becky said...

Nice post. We are trying camping this summer for the first time . . . and I for one cannot wait.

Anonymous said...

Looks so peaceful. I'm just going to close my eyes and imagine I'm there...

Anonymous said...

I loved camping with my family when I was a child, and am looking forward to taking my son for the first time this summer. Your photos brought back so many of my own memories -- it looks like you had a wonderful time!