Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Mary Mary Quite Contrary....

poppy

How does your garden grow?
With silver bells and cockle shells
And pretty maids all in a row.

I thought that I'd share some of the pretty blossoms that are around the yard right now :) I am completely smitten with my poppies! Their coral color and deep purple centers are stunning.

rhodo

A bee resting inside a rhododendron bloom. I think it must be hiding from the rain shower that just passed :)

baby apple

Baby apple just starting to form.

bachelor button

A grove of Bachelor Buttons.

rhodo

Oh my goodness... can you believe the size of the rhododendron bloom? It's huge!

baby plums

The plums are starting to form up to and I'm dreaming of all the delicious Zwetschgenknödel I'm going to make with them :) Zwetschgenknödel is a deliciously sweet noodle with a plum center and served with bread crumbs toasted with butter and sugar. So delicious and the recipe has been passed down to me from my Omi :) I try to get a bunch of them frozen each summer but they never seem to last long. Gee, I wonder why *grin*.

What's blooming in your yard right now?
~ Rosina

13 comments:

JuanitaTortilla said...

These are really lovely pictures, Rosina.
I can't wait to learn more about Zwetschgenknödel! (Is that German?)

Rosina {Rosy ~ Posy} said...

Hi Juanita :)
My Omi was born and raised in Austria so I'm going to say Austrian *grin*.

Unknown said...

oooh they are all so lovely. The Poppy is amazing and that Rhodie is fabulous and HUGE... Your plums look like my apricots look right now...can't wait to reap the harvest! Have a great remainder of the week! Mica

aware said...

These pictures are beautiful! I love your flowers. Thank you for sharing :)

Anonymous said...

Oh, we have tons of plums and I'm never sure what to do with them besides eat them fresh. I'm looking forward to finding out what all you do with yours. I'll try that zwets-ma-jig. :-) Pronunciation please

Lori Holt said...

Hi Rosina...you know i swooned over each picture. So breathtakingly beautiful!
That poppy is amazing.
My garden is just starting to bloom now....
x
lori
ps. love the part about the plums. it sounds delicious. We had several plum trees on our farm when I was a girl. We made them into jam and syrup...and of course, I always had a nice ripe plum in my pocket for a snack as I was taking the water turn!

Rosina {Rosy ~ Posy} said...

Thanks everyone for the lovely comments on the flowers :)

Cori :)
I found a site that can say it out loud so that you can hear it. I was having a hard time with trying to figure out how to write it so you could sound it out! *grin*

Go here:
http://www.forvo.com/search/Zwetschgenkn%C3%B6del/

Lori :)
Oh I just love plum jam and syrup to but the plum noodles are something that we really wait anxiously for. So delicious that it's hard to not eat so many you turn yourself into a noodle LOL.

Jennifer Hoots said...

Very pretty! My garden is on hold until we find a way to get the mama raccoon (and babies)away from it. She dug under the deck next to my garden and is in there. She comes out at all hours, so I am not sure I want to be in the garden right now. The bunnies were bad enough, but a mama raccoon is worse.
Jenn

paula said...

Bachelor Buttons . . .after daffodil and Old fashioned Hollyhocks . . they are my favorite flower. Yours look jut like the ones I remember from childhood . . . and I have looked everywhere for sseeds that will end up with this bloom.

:o/ paula

Rosina {Rosy ~ Posy} said...

Paula, you're in the US right? I wonder if I get some seeds saved for you if I could mail them across the border to you without them getting snagged at customs *grin*. Remind me in the fall!

Faith said...

You have some beautiful flowers! I have and love poppies like those. Right now they seem to be buried under the blue geraniums, though. And our rhodies are pretty much all gone, now.

tssrrruuop said...

شركة كشف تسربات المياه بالرياض
شركة مكافحة حشرات بالرياض
شركة تسليك مجاري بالرياض
شركة عزل خزانات المياه بالرياض
شركة عزل اسطح بالرياض

syannnaah said...

صيانة زانوسي القاهرة
صيانة زانوسي الشرقية
صيانة سامسونج القاهرة
صيانة ال جي القاهرة
صيانة يونيون اير القاهرة