Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Coombs Country

coombs goat on the roof

Today we took a little trip to Coombs, home of the famous goats on the roof :)
They actually have real live goats that live on the roof of their market! The roof is covered with sod and they graze up there all summer long. The kids get a real kick out of watching them and they sell the most comical sticker warning of falling goat turds! LOL.

Coombs Market

I just love perusing their flower market with all of the annuals, herbs, vegetables and more. So colorful :)

Coombs Market

Then there is the food portion of the market with it's fresh vegetables, many of which are local from here on the island or the rest of BC.

Coombs Market

And oooh the fruit. You could nearly taste the peaches as they smelled so good!

Coombs Market

There is so much to catch your eye....

Coombs Market

And tempt your pocketbook *grin*.
These quilts were just begging me to take one home :)

Coombs Market

Of course after all of that window shopping you work up quite an appetite and you must have lunch at their fabulous restaurant where they have fresh breads, pizzas, sandwiches, and we even had some delicious halibut today.

Coombs Market

I made sure to leave room for dessert though!
So many sweets. There are cakes, tarts, cookies, sticky buns, all cream filled or sugar topped. It's calorie laden pure bliss *grin*.

Thank goodness we did a lot of walking at Costco after lunch! Oh my that place is huge and heaven forbid you forget the coffee until you get to the till and have to navigate clear through to the opposite end of the store through the throngs of hungry shoppers clamoring to get free samples.... yes this did happen to us! LOL. One super perk was that I picked up some 100% SKAL certified organic pj's for the kids at a bargain of $12. What a find! I love that more and more organic clothing is becoming available without having to pay an arm and a leg for it. Keep on requesting it everyone. The more we demand it the more options and price savings we will find :)

Hope you all had a lovely afternoon to :)
~ Rosina

10 comments:

Jennifer Hoots said...

I am impressed at your ability to resist those quilts! What a lovely place to browse. My first thought was of how blessed with abundance the market is. Wow.

Unknown said...

these pics. were so colorful... I enjoyed my time here this morning...everything looks awesome. Love the goats and the tarts...not they turds...the tarts from the bakery...ha ha ha. Have a great Summery day. Mica

Anonymous said...

LOL! I have to share so that you can laugh, too. I first saw the goat and he looked like he was walking a plank...hehe!

Yep, I am really tired.
~Tamara

Anonymous said...

I just love reading your blog, friend. It is always so light-hearted, fun and beautiful. I think too many deep thoughts on my blog. LOL Feels like anyway.

Thanks for making me smile. Goat turds haha

التسويق عبر مواقع التواصل الاجتماعي said...

التسويق عبر مواقع التواصل الاجتماعي

french bulldog puppies said...

its been long since i saw a post that's so educative and informational. i will make sure to share this my facebook group. you can also view contents on our websites below.

French Bulldog Puppies For Sale

French Bulldog Breeders

French Bulldog Puppies For Sale Near Me

French Bulldog Puppies For adoption

French Bulldog Puppies


Blue French Bulldog Puppies

siberian husky puppies said...

it's so refreshing to see a post that talks straight to the point. thanks so much for writing about this it has really helped me with building my experience. thanks a lot



siberian husky puppies for sale near me
Siberian Husky puppies
Siberian Husky puppies for adoption
  Siberian Husky puppies breeders near me  

  white Siberian Husky puppies  

french bulldog puppies said...

miniature dachshund Puppies For Sale Near Me
cheap Dachshund Puppies For adoption
Dapple dachshund Puppies For Sale Near Me
Dachshund Puppies For Adoption

Anonymous said...

شركة تنظيف بالدمام
شركة تنظيف مجالس بالدمام
تنظيف منازل بالدمام
شركة تنظيف مكيفات بالدمام

Anonymous said...

عزل مواسير المياه
شركات عزل بالدمام
شركة عزل خزانات بالدمام