Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Granny Square Challenge Update

Granny Squares Flowers

So I joined Pip's Granny A Day Challenge a little over a week ago and I thought that I'd share what's been happening around here :) Well let's just say that it's a really good thing that there isn't any pressure on making sure you get one square done everyday! *grin*. I've got one square completed and a handful of flower centers so far but hey, I'm pleased as punch with my progress LOL.

I just love these flowers and they really are very simple to make so when I can steal a moment away from my sewing machine or other family duties I've been working a few rounds on them :) Of course I went with turquoise and green because I'm completely smitten with those two colors right now but I'm not committing myself to completing every square that way though! I've actually got a couple of marigold orange flowers made and I think I'm going to use some of the green and make flowers to, or incorporate all the colors into one, or.... well you get the idea. It may get a tad bit eclectic *grin*.

Granny A Day ~ 2010 Challenge

Here's one of the fully completed squares. Only 70 more to go if I want to make the lap sized blanket I have a pattern for :) Good thing I've got 11 more months to work on it!

How are your granny squares coming along?

~ Rosina

3 comments:

Jennifer Hoots said...

I love it! It is so delicate looking.
Jenn

Mitsy / ArtMind said...

Ohh, I need to learn how to make those flowers! They are soooo pretty! Did you learn that on the crochet school? :)

emosback said...

Where did you get the pattern for this? I just love it!
I'm also doing the challenge!