Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Flickr Favorites ~ Family




Lately I can't help but think of all my family in Austria and how much I would love to just hop on a plane and go to see them :) It has been over 10 year since we last went and it is so beautiful there. My father is from a small town in Carinthia and grew up on a very large working farm. So when we visited of course we went home to stay with my Omi, well into her 80's at the time and working just like she was a young girl still *grin*.

The photos above remind me of one of their houses in the alps, and when I was little I had the cutest pair of lederhosen just like the boys above, of course I also had the traditional dirndl to :) What little Austrian girl doesn't! My father's 70th birthday is approaching very quickly and we are actually hoping to surprise him with a trip home to Austria. I can't wait!

Want to play along?
Build your own mosaic and visit Artmind's blog to join in :)

~ Rosina

1 comment:

Mitsy / ArtMind said...

Aww, that would be the best surprise ever! I've never been to Austria but it's on the list! :)