Monday, November 9, 2009

Asian Salad

Asian salad

I'm on a total pasta salad kick lately and can't seem to get enough of my favorite Asian salad! Maybe it's because it brings back memories of warm summer days that would be so lovely at the moment as we're drowning in torrential rain & wind. I kid you not, as I type this there is a lake forming in my backyard and if this keeps up we just might get that indoor swimming pool I've always wanted.... in my basement *grin*.

The beauty of this salad is that you can use any pasta noodles & whatever veggies you have in your refrigerator :) Normally I add broccoli florets, julienned carrots & radicchio, but you can add cauliflower, sprouts, sesame or sunflower seeds and if radicchio isn't your favorite try Chinese cabbage instead. It's delicious!!

The sauce is super quick to make by adding equal portions of sesame oil & rice vinegar. For a large salad bowl I usually add about 5 tablespoons of each and then add 2 tablespoons of a low sodium soya sauce. Mix it in well with your salad and if you have time to let it sit in the refrigerator for a couple of hours it actually helps to intensify the flavors as it marinates into the veggies & noodles :)

Now if only I could get the rest of my family to love it just as much as I do!

~Rosina

No comments: